Friday, September 9, 2011

Remodeling the house: The Kitchen

I thought it be fun to do some before and after's of our house on the blog. Unfortunately, I wasn't really around when the house was first purchased, so I don't have any pictures from "before" before. These before pictures are from Summer of 2006. DH's Aunt Brenda took most of the before shots. Thank God for her, because otherwise I would have nothing. So here we go. In the first picture, the cabinets, countertop and sink have already been removed. They were in terrible shape, which would probably make the before and after even better, but oh well. The kitchen and stove in this picture are the same and remain in the same place. BTW: Does anyone else hate the way blogger does photos now? I had a terrible time trying to move these around...grr...                                                                  
Here is the first before and after: As you can see, we took out the wall on the left side of the kitchen to open it up and make room to actually put a table in the kitchen. It's a grand idea!


Before




After





Before





After


We put wainscoting up on the walls and painted it red. Then we had the cabinets and countertop installed. We knew someone who did the install really cheap, so we went with that and it was done in a day. I really love my rugs. We got them at Wal-Mart--haha. But now they are like 5 years old and they really need replaced, but I just can't bear to part with them until I find something that I love more.

DH also put up a wood ceiling and crown molding. You can see it a little bit here. We also put in Pergo floors. I love them and I think all of it together looks great. As you can see there is still some painting to be done, but I think we are going to pull off the door trim and redo it to match what we have in the bedrooms.



No comments:

Post a Comment