Friday, August 10, 2012

Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad {Foodie Friday}


I LOVE Chicken Salad. A lot. A lot a lot. I have never made my own chicken salad before and when I did this weekend I honestly didn’t use a recipe.
I just happened to find this recipe after the fact and it is exactly the same. I didn’t really measure anything. I just kept putting stuff in until it looked right. Chicken Salad is like that. You can add what you like. Some people add shallots, bacon, peppers, and all sorts of stuff. I like to serve mine with a big piece of lettuce. You can find the combination that works for you. This combination works for us. DH had 2 sandwiches in one sitting! Score!!

Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad


Ingredients:
4 cups of cubed cooked chicken
½ cup seedless grapes, halved
½  cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped (I skipped toasting them)
1 rib celery, finely diced
½  cup dried cranberries—I used Craisins
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl.  Mix well until thoroughly combined.   Transfer to an air-tight container and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more to allow flavors to meld.  Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment