Wednesday, April 10, 2013

DIY Modern Art Baby Gift

Have you seen all the adorable modern art available on Etsy?

After my daughter was born I used to browse all the time. There are tons of cute options for personalized baby art, but I just couldn’t bring myself to shell out $20 for something I figured I could probably make on my own.
I did it using Microsoft Word. I’m not going to give you a detailed tutorial, because there are a bunch of different versions of Word and they are all a little different.
Here’s the jist of it. I used text boxes with no fill and no outline. I typed each word/number in a different text box. (The date is in one text box and the weight in another) This makes them a lot easier to move around when you have to make adjustments. With individual text boxes you can change font size and colors much more easily. Then I just added in the lines to break it up.

Obviously the options are endless with what you can do color, font and size wise. I always save myself a word and pdf copy. Then I print and frame. These make a great gift for new moms. And guess what? My cousin just had a baby. Bet you can’t guess what she’s getting...

No comments:

Post a Comment