Friday, January 3, 2014

Holiday Bark {Foodie Friday}

I don't know about you, but there always seems to be a lot more candy around the house around Christmas than there is at Halloween. In any case, there is more than enough to do around. Making this holiday bark is a great way to use up all those extras lying around and turn them into a treat that everyone is sure to enjoy.
The beautiful thing about this bark is that you can put whatever you want into it. There are no right or wrong ingredients. Oreos, peanuts, pretzels, chocolate. You name it, it's probably been made into bark. And a good one at that. I was able to use up all my leftover s'more ingredients as well as a good bit of our Christmas candy.

One Year Ago: Swimming in Chocolate
Two Years Ago: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake

Holiday Bark


Ingredients
16 whole graham crackers
Chocolate- I used a combination of Hershey bars and milk chocolate chips, but you can also use bark or some other crazy combination!

Use some combination of the following ingredients (or add what you like)
Pretzels
Reese's pieces
chopped oreos
chocolate chips (i used white)
mini marshmallows
sprinkles
nuts
candy corn (if it's halloween)
m &ms
ooh..I just thought it would be fun to make this with peeps at Easter. Remind me!

Directions
Melt chocolate in a double boiler. While the chocolate is melting, arrange whole graham crackers together on a rimmed baking sheet so that they're touching each other, but not overlapping. Pour the melted chocolate over that top and use a spatula to spread so it covers all the crackers. Sprinkle on whatever combination of ingredients you have decided to use and pat down with your hand to make sure everything is anchored in the chocolate. Allow to set completely. Break the bark into pieces and enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. What a great way to use up all the candy! I think our readers would enjoy your ideas.
    We would love to have you join us at our weekly Super Saturday Link Party. It goes live tonight at 7 MST at www.madefrompinterest.net. It would be our honor to have you share your great work with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use up all that leftover candy! Wish I would have seen it I sooner I just brought all my candy to work so i wouldn't be tempted! Thanks for coming over and sharing at Happiness is Homemade Link Party, Hope to see you back in the morning! http://mommyondemand.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make this - we have some leftover stuff too that I want to use up. This also looks like a nice little sweet and satisfying treat.

    ReplyDelete