Friday, August 8, 2014

Scotcharoos {Foodie Friday}





Funny story. There was a gluten-free request at work that led to this deliciousness, but the night I made these I broke my ankle. I guess its a good thing that my kitchen was small and this recipe is not labor intensive.
By the time I was done I was really hurting. The next day I had to go in late to work so I could see someone about it. I could not walk at all. It ended up being a stress fracture. I got to wear this beauty for a month.
So that night my mom had to help me set all this up so I could take a picture. I used to take the pictures in our basement so she had to carry it all down there. I hobbled behind. She even brought a straw for the milk. Does anyone drink milk with a straw? Anyway, I was so glad to have help that day, and I would consider her for a prop stylist position in the future ;)


One Year Ago: Chocolate Pudding
Two Years Ago: Garlic Rice Pilaf

Scotcharoos


Ingredients
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
8-10 cups rice krispies 
11 oz chocolate chips
11 oz butterscotch chips

In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add the corn syrup and sugar. Bring just to a boil and remove from the heat. Stir in peanut butter. Add rice krispies and mix well. Press mixture into a large baking sheet (11x17) (The scotcharoos in the picture were from a 9x13 and it was a touch thick for my liking) Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips using the double boiler method. (I always burn them in the microwave.) Spread melted chips on top of the rice krispie mixture. Let chocolate set. Cut into squares.

Source: Adapted from Mels Kitchen Cafe

I'm linking up at: Your homebased momThirty Handmade Days The Best Blog RecipesTatertots and JelloWhipperberry Buns in My OvenToday’s Creative BlogDesign, Dining and DiapersIheartnaptimeHome Stories A to Z Home-StyledReal CoakeCreate, Craft, LoveMostlyhomemade momSix Sisters’ StuffA Peek into My ParadiseA Bowl Full of LemonsLove Grows WildThe DIY Show off and Shabby Creek Cottage.


3 comments:

  1. Yummy treat! Hope your ankle heals well adn quickly. Hopping over from Plan, Party… Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love scotcharoos. My mom always made these when we'd go camping. Hope you're better soon. It's hard being immobile! I came over from Tickle My Tastebuds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda
    Oh man, how did it happen? Your scotcharoos are a Tickle My Tastebuds feature at http://imnotatrophywife.com Thanks for linking up and please share the party via social media if you get a chance!!! laura

    ReplyDelete