Friday, September 5, 2014

Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie {Foodie Friday}




So... my lack of motivation...its been pretty conducive to smaller desserts. Faster, less clean up and immediately satisfying.

My mom bought me the beautiful Le Creuset cast iron skillet for my birthday. I don't think I could love it anymore. I have been making everything in it: caramelized onions, grilled cheese, and most importantly chocolate chip cookies.

One Year Ago: Queso Pasta Taco Bake
Two Years Ago: Perfect Pizza Sauce

Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie

Ingredients
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1/3 cup packed dark-brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars with a wooden spoon. Stir in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chips. Transfer to a 10-inch cast-iron skillet; smooth top.
Bake until cookie is golden brown and just set in the center, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.

Source: Everyday Food

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! This can be my excuse to get this skillet too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness..... I'd have a hard time not eating the entire thing!!! Looks AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete